Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Negative Nancy

Things I don't want to do right now:


- Listen to my students complain about my grading policy or the fairness of our midterm exam
- Go to the English club that 43907423974239 different students have begged me to come to tonight
- Deal with anymore "system errors" or "declined credit cards" on various websites while trying to book plane tickets to Bangkok
- Figure out how to get a criminal record background check faxed to Vietnam [do they even have fax machines here?!]
- Stay in Ha Tinh this weekend to work extra hours when my original plan was to take a nice, rejuvenating weekend vacation to Hanoi
- Sit at cafes at all hours of the day, just to use the wireless because mine doesn't work
- Be approached by Vietnamese people at said cafes when I am clearly not in the mood to discuss my age, nationality, and profession (the only three conversation topics that anyone here knows, and the only three conversation topics that I am way too sick of talking about to random strangers)

Things I have to do right now:
- All of the above.

1 comment:

  1. Sending love and props your way. Hopefully your flight has been booked. I'll keep you posted. Hang in there. When the going gets tough, the tough get going! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete