Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Mistakes made

Oh brother, I have opened up Pandora's box. And in this unfortunate case, Pandora's box is filled with thousands of alive (and dead) ants.

I saw a line of ants crawling behind the toilet today, and looked up and saw that they were descending from a hole in the wall underneath the water heater. "Easy," I thought. "I'll just spray that hole with bug bomb and no more ants will come out of it!"

Well.... it was a naive thought. Hundreds upon thousands of ants are now swarming out of the hole at alarming speed, in what I suppose is deadly agony. Many of them are falling, dead, off the wall, onto the back of my toilet (in a visual reminiscent of the scene from Titanic where people are jumping/falling off the sinking ship), and now I am stuck with the unfortunate task of cleaning up thousands of dead ants.

Can I wash them down the drain? Probably not, without totally clogging the mechanisms. Do I have to touch them with my bare hands? Oh, goodness.

I am realizing that I did not think through the whole "I'll just spray bug-bomb up there and no more will come out!" idea to completion. Now I am suffering the consequences (the consequences being a bloody battlefield filled with dead ant bodies).

Any suggestions as to how I dispose of all of these ants? Oh boy...

2 comments:

  1. vacuum?
    dustpan and brush?

    and no - do not touch poisoned ant's with your bare hands!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck yuck yuck!!!And if you sweep them up, hopefully there's an outside trash barrel to dispose of them. No fun!

    ReplyDelete