And the award for the most ridiculously cheap purchase in Vietnam goes to..............
- 1 round of Japanese anti-biotics (clarithromycin 500mg, similar to the chemical formula for Zithromax which is my go-to drug for bronchitis)
- 8 cold/flu relief pills with caffeine and paracetemol (Panadol CF Extra)
- 4 tablets of steroids (wtf?!!?!?!) (methylprednisolone 16 mg) that are similar to the ones that we gave to Shadow when she had lupus - I will probably be staying away from these unless things get really, really, really bad.
TOTAL PRICE: 63,000VND (a little over $3)
Is anyone else as dumbfounded by this price as I am?
Needless to say, my sickness has gotten much worse and much yuckier (read: lots of green and yellow stuff coming out of my nose and mouth and a nice loud hacking cough- sorry for the details), and it was time to ask for help.
I called Chi Hang and asked her to accompany me to the pharmacy. She explained my symptoms to the pharmacist (as well as my allergies to -cillin drugs) and helped me to purchase the appropriate medications. It is still such a novel concept that sometimes, asking for help here is so easy. Everyone is so willing to be helpful and accommodating, especially for the lost, lonely foreigner.
Cross your fingers that with these new medications, I will begin to feel better. According to my mom, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese has been known to cure sicknesses, so I think I am going to break into my stash of American foods and have Mac N Cheese for dinner.
Goodnight to all!

Bon Appetit! Does one eat that with chopsticks?
ReplyDelete