Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Other updates

In other news from my weekend, I have eaten some pretty delicious food...

First, Sasha and I went to the aerobics class (costs 50-cents for a drop-in... I will be coming a lot more often!) that is an hour of hip-thrusting, booty-shaking, and Vietnamese women of all shapes and sizes wearing bikinis and sports bras. (Somehow, it seems that Vietnamese women do not sweat. After even 5 minutes of class, I was dripping sweat, but they somehow continued to look beautiful, put-together, and content throughout the entire class!)

After class, we rewarded ourselves with a fully-American home-made dinner. We made spaghetti, home-made tomato sauce (with red AND green tomatoes!), pork meatballs, salad with honey-mustard vinaigrette, and fresh French bread with butter.

I assume you want pictures??

My creation. The sauce was made of onions, garlic, rosemary, several tomatoes, and red wine. It was not as saucy or tomato-y as I would have liked, but it was incredible. The meatballs were pretty fabulous too! And yes, that is REAL cheese that we splurged on to sprinkle over the pasta.
Sasha's creation of salad with green onions, cashews, mangoes, and home-made honey-mustard vinaigrette.
Yes, we drank red wine from lovely little teacups, and we even had Coke! 
In the morning we woke up and did some yoga, and continued our delicious food trend by making an onion-bacon-cheese egg scramble, the leftover French bread, yogurt, and fruit. Yes, we ate our omelette with chopsticks, and yes, it was delicious!!

Perfection.
 Tonight I felt inspired by the success that Sasha and I achieved in the kitchen, so I attempted something new for dinner. Ground pork with garlic, ginger, onions, carrots, fish sauce, soy sauce, scallions and mint; white rice cooked with curry powder; and steamed morning glory and carrots. (Oh yeah, and half a Kindle, apparently.) Dinner was amazing, and I am feeling ambitious and confident to keep making new recipes and varying from my tofu and veggies routine.


Oh, and because no post is truly complete without pictures of cute animals doing silly things...

Here is a cow meandering in the middle of the street in front of my university. Cows are not known for their speed, so naturally it got lapped by the motorbike!
While it is touching that a Mamma Cow is leading its Baby Cow to find grass to graze, I find it peculiar that they are doing this in the median strip of National Highway A1.
The Cow Family came to join Mamma and Baby.

I have decided that I would like to befriend a cow while I am here, and I am trying to figure out the safest way for me to approach one and pet its sweet little head. Any suggestions, or is this the worst idea ever?

1 comment:

  1. Not sure that it's a great idea sweetie! But sounds sweet if you can figure it out. I'm packing now so it means I'm leaving for Vietnam tomorrow and will see you in 3-1/2 days.

    ReplyDelete