Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Have you seen my marbles anywhere? I think I've lost them.

BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FSDFKHSFAKHFDSKFHASDFKHDSFKDHASFLKDSHAFLKDSA.

This country.

I've had it.

Luckily, in 36 hours, I will be arriving on an early-morning train to Da Nang, where I will meet my friend Maria at a supposedly delicious and cheap ex-pat/western cafe called Bread of Life, where I plan to order every variation of waffles, pancakes, eggs, and bacon on the menu.

YES, THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN MY WEEK. THAT'S WHEN YOU KNOW THINGS ARE TOUGH, WHEN ALL YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO ARE AMERICAN BREAKFAST FOODS.

Oh, brother. I have lost my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Where are your marbles? Want me to bring some? Enjoy the breakfast and western food. Keep in mind there are frustrations wherever you live. Yes, they can be exacerbated by cultural differences. And yes, you have handled these incredibly well - maturely, poised, dignified. Acknowledge the frustration and then accept and try to deal with it - works much better than suffering, don't you think? Great job and have fun this weekend. Can't wait to see some interesting posts and photos and just be selective about where you go for massages. Sorry, couldn't resist that bit of advice. Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete