Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Halloween from my students!!

Best students ever? Worst teacher ever? A combination of both?

Remember these little chants? Well now my students do too, after our lesson on Halloween today with the main goal of getting prepared and pumped up for our Halloween party. Yes, I have brought these to Southeast Asia. Dear Fulbright Vietnam, sorry for partying...




In other news, there is karaoke going on in the meeting hall outside my window. Usually I get annoyed that people are doing karaoke right outside my apartment because it is loud, off-key, distracting, and lasts until all hours of the night. However, just now, somebody was singing O-town's "All or Nothing," and I am legitimately mad and jealous, not that they are being loud, but that I am not part of the fun. Perhaps Vietnam does not know about my former O-town obsession is all, which just means it's about time to let everybody know...


Oh right, and today is also Vietnamese Women's Day. My students of 2B English class presented me with flowers. My students are awesome. Can you spot the giant caucasian in the sea of petite Vietnamese teenage girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment