Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Friday, October 9, 2009

happier thoughts

In other, non-internship-related news, look at the newest additions to our family:


Maman bought 65 baby chickies to raise to become big grownup hens that we will eventually eat for dinner and/or sell for profit. For right now, I'd prefer not to think about their fate, and now I just enjoy picking them up and cuddling their soft fur and speaking to them in a mixture of French, English, and Wolof (the chickens and goats have been some of my favorite language-practicing partners... very non-judgemental, but equally non-responsive). They're fun little guys to have as housemates - it'll be fun watching them grow up into adults!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These guys are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And--dare I say it--they look shockingly like Peeps (TM).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! Are they as cozy as they appear in photos?

    ReplyDelete