Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mmm, mmm good.

Arrived safely in Chiang Mai. It's been a REALLY stressful day of travelling (I forgot how nice it is to travel with "grown-ups" who are in charge of all the official stuff like filling out immigration forms, getting foreign currency, finding the hotel, etc), and upon arrival I found out that the Internet in my hotel only works in the lobby, but not for my newer Mac computer. So I'm writing on the hotel computer, which was an incredibly generous concession from the hotel staff, but still an inconvenience for me.

This means that I can't upload pictures of the INCREDIBLE Burger King meal that I had today (right after a major panic attack that I might miss my connecting flight, and after a major relief that I would indeed not miss my flight). But know that the meal existed, that it included perfectly crisped, salted fries, and a totally reliable cheeseburger with warm, crunchy pickles and oozy ketchup-mustard mixture.

I now realize that there are signs EVERYWHERE in Chiang Mai for McDonald's. I was sort of under the impression that this fast food paradise only existed in the Bangkok airport, which is why I was so excited to have it once and then be perfectly content with Thai food for the rest of the trip.

But if McDonald's is all over the place...?! Oh goodness, decisions..............

2 comments:

  1. You deserve a break today so get out and get away...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us! That's the burger king song. Anyway, enjoy and then enjoy Thai food, which is far superior. Glad you're safe and sound and handled the stress like the adult you are! Love you and I would have been glad to have filled out your immigration forms, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete