Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Mischievous elephants

Bath-time for Pisamy! (The lucky lady gets three baths today- two in the river and one with the hose! I wish I was so lucky amidst all this mud, elephant dung, and sweat!)
Baby elephant tries to stay cool in a nice pile of hay
Baby elephant tries to climb a mountain

I found out today that "Pisamy" means "love" in Thai. Apparently this name is very fitting for her, as she has become the surrogate grandmother of all the babies in the nursery. She is always willing to cuddle the babies, and apparently the only time she has ever broken her chain and gotten loose was when they were fighting in the nursery, and Pisamy heard them crying. She broke through her chain and ran straight to the nursery to check on the babies and to mediate the fight. What a loving old lady!

Oh, and here is Soi bathing with Rasamee in the river- of course Soi is up to no good, once more.


Also, for those of you who are obsessed with the Youtube phenomenon of "puppies falling asleep," I think "baby elephants falling asleep" might surpass that level of cuteness.




Sorry for any of you who are totally sick of watching videos and looking at pictures of elephants, but I can't help myself. It seems that every five seconds, they do something cute that I just HAVE to document, and I can't help but share it with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment