Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ready for some relaxation

I'm not sure if it's a combination of not stretching after I exercise, not stretching enough period, sleeping on this rock-hard mattress, or carrying so much tension in my body over the course of a week of teaching, but I can not shake this awful sore feeling all over my body.

At first I thought it was just soreness from rock-climbing with Sasha on Sunday and using muscles that I do not usually use. And then I thought that maybe it's from going on a run without warming up or cooling down properly.

But really, I think maybe the stress of Vietnam is just catching up with me and manifesting in some uncomfortable body aches. Tomorrow on my day off, I plan to work up the courage to go into the massage parlor that I keep driving by, and ask for a massage.

1 comment:

  1. Allie, I'm betting all those reasons you listed are contributing to the soreness you feel. Using muscles that haven't been used in a while tends to hurt a few days later, and not immediately. That, plus running without stretching and cooling down will make you feel worse. And after two full days of teaching, it all piles up. Hopefully you will start to feel better when you wake up. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete