It is cockroach-city at my house. By that I mean, I woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago, to use the bathroom, and when I turned the light on, there were FOUR big guys crawling around on my shower floor.
I knew I couldn't scream or wake anybody up to save me, so I took the poison spray that Maman keeps in a central location of the house, for cockroach emergencies such as this one, and dealt with the situation.
Now I no longer dread taking a shower for fear of the cold water, but I fear going into my bathroom in general and interacting with these little creatures that I really could do without.

Oh yuck - life in the tropics! That was very grown up and mature of you to not scream or wake anyone, as I'm sure you felt like having someone rescue you. Good job dealing with it. Unfortunately they like dark, moist places like bathrooms and kitchens. I would suggest wearing flip-flops in the bathroom in case you need to step on one. Love you sweetie and wishing for you to be brave! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteYikes! Don't step on them. Allegedly stepping on them spreads their eggs, but this may be a myth. Sorry you have to deal with them!
ReplyDelete