Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

little senegalese bundle of joy

I have a feeling that the next 2 months here will be even more fun, because now I have a little human to play with and talk to in English.


Best of all, until her skin pigment develops, she is the same color as me! I made the joke to Khady that now there are two toubabs in the house. As always, Khady laughed, because she thinks I am so bizarre. Oh well.


Here is my darling, nameless baby (who until the baptism next Tuesday, when she receives her name, is being referred to as "Allison." I am not joking.):











http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/arbackman/Adventures%20in%20Senegal/8%20-%20new%20baby/ for more!

2 comments:

  1. Allie, how fun it will be to have no-name baby there. She's beautiful. What bright, alert eyes she has, and beautiful,full lips. Sort of reminds me of when your lips were swollen from whatever you may have been allergic to. Please give Khady our very best wishes and congratulations. How exciting for the whole family. Thanks for posting the pictures. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!! And how cool will it be if the name Allison sticks? You'll have a forever namesake in Senegal (perfect for the game two truths and a lie).

    ReplyDelete