Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

That night my students got me drunk and made me eat duck embryos

So I assume you're all eager to see the debauchery from my night out with the girls of K2B?

The night started out normal enough...
But then we poured the beer...
And participated in one million rounds of "cheers!"
And then the fertilized duck eggs made their appearance...
See how it's halfway between an egg and halfway between a baby chick?
Amniotic sacs, I guess?
If I wasn't queasy enough after chugging a beer and then eating a duck fetus, the jellyfish tendrils only made the situation more lively!
Sorry for the faint of heart, but here is my egg in all its glory (covered with a bit of hot sauce).
Typical view underneath a Vietnamese table after a night out...
The more beer we consumed, the less accurate my iPhone photography became, so I apologize for the grainy photos from here on out...
Enough said.
Half of the consumed libations.
There was a Shadow-dog who was hanging around our table.
Classic Ghostly Shadow pose.

Ever wondered how Vietnamese people "cheers" one another? Now you know...



A great way to end the night with our class's motto:
(What's a motto? Nothing, what's a motto with you??????)


The girls of K2B have become a family to me. In them, I have inherited 17 precious little sisters who are willing to show me around their community with great pride, and I think I will miss them more than anyone else in Ha Tinh.



In other news, my morning class got cancelled but it is over 100 degrees today. I think I will stay inside in hopes of beating the heat, but oh does it get tiring to not be able to leave my apartment because it is just too damn hot.

I think tomorrow after my morning class, I will make an attempt to go to the beach for a dip in the ocean and some fresh fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment