Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fresh doses of patriotism

In other news... a fellow Fulbright ETA from Pitzer (she teaches in maybe Hungary or somewhere far away from Vietnam) posted on her Facebook that she is showing this video to her students in class and having them discuss its meaning:


This song has always given me chills, and now looking at the video through the eyes of a "cultural ambassador" makes me value its importance even more.

I have been asked to give an end-of-year presentation to my University on American culture and values, so I have already decided that I would focus on the ideas of the American Dream and living in a diverse nation. I think this video will fit in nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment