Some preliminary thoughts...

My photo
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Finding the best places to eat and drink in my area! Check back for more!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Arrived safely in Ha Tinh!

Killed my first cockroach which was lurking in my dresser when I went to unpack.

Did not scream, and did not do a scaredy-pants dance. Calmly crushed it with the side of a teacup (I will NOT be drinking from that cup, thank you very much) and trapped it with a saucer. Waiting for it to suffocate and die a gruesome death before I throw it out my window. Does this make me a morbid person?

Cockroaches: 0. Me: 1.

Otherwise, things are good, but I am feeling incredibly overwhelmed. I'll write more in a bit when I've unpacked and settled in.

3 comments:

  1. You came, you saw, you conquered. Always remember you're much bigger and faster than a cockroach. Great job being brave. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take each challenge one at a time and by the time you realize it, you will have mastered them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesy as it sounds, this calls for a "You go, girl!"

    ReplyDelete